There is an awesome OWASP initiative this winter called OWASP Winter Code Sprint (OWCS).
In essence, if you are a university student this lets you to contribute to a participating OWASP project in exchange for university credits and other perks.
The full list of participating OWASP projects and ideas can be found here.
September 15th: 1st deadline
- October 15th: 2nd deadline
If any of the following seem interesting to you, please contact me ASAP on email@example.com -minor thinking required ;)-
NOTE: Yes, these are the ideas that are FREE for the 2nd round! 🙂
- OWASP OWTF – VMS – OWTF Vulnerability Management System (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF – HTTP Request Translator (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF – Off-line HTTP traffic uploader (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF – Health Monitor (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF – Installation Improvements and Package manager (FREE!)
- OWASP OWTF – GSoC project extension